Group for the year of 2018:
Dates: April 15-19.
The tour takes place in one of the remote, wild and amazing mountain massifs of the peninsula - in the Ganaly Range. The area is extremely specific, located at the intersection of numerous ridges, the main place of the skete: the circus of the Ganaly Range - large rock walls with numerous steep couloirs, swings up to 1200 m.
The tour is offered as an addition to the program "Ski tour. Kamchatka. 10 days". But can be considered as a separate particular program.
Day 1. Transfer by car from the place of residence (city P-K) or from airport to the place of taking a snowmobile, 140 km from the city of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky. Going by snowmobile to the backcountry camp site. Setting up the camp. Avalanche safety course. Light ski tour.
Approach to the ski tour area. Skiers are towed on a rope, along a complex terrain (forest, hills, descents). All basic equipment is thrown in advance.
Elevation: 500 m Skinning/skiing: 2 hours.
Day 2. Ascent/climbing on the peak Yurchik, 2057 m. The ascent passes along the ridge, from which you can see the whole wall of the Ganaly Range, you can see all the possible couloirs of tomorrow's ski tour. Climbing is not technically difficult, but requires the use of crampons.
Elevation: 1200 m Skinning/skiing: 6 hours.
Day 3. Ski tour at the Ganaly Range.
This day we will climb to one of the chosen couloirs of the South Face. Climbing is done with the use of crampons, ropes, safety gear.
Elevation: to 1000 m Skinning/skiing: 6-7 hours.
Day 4. Ski tour at the Ganaly Range, exit from the circus and descent to the "back side" of the ridge of the range.
Elevation: 1500 m Skinning/skiing: 6-7 hours.
Day 5. Weather day. Ski tour at the Ganaly Range. Easy ski tour in the area. Taking down the camp, returning to the city. On the way back we stop at the wild thermal springs of Malki and bathe!!!
Elevation: 300 m Skinning/skiing: 3 hours Snowmobile ride: 1 hour Car ride: 3 hours
Price: 850 eur / person.
* - group discount, from 2 people.
* - discounts for early booking (20%; 15%; 10%; 5%).
* - 10% discount with participation in two tours: "Ski tour. Kamchatka. Ganaly. 5 days "and" Ski tour. Kamchatka. 10 days" - http://mountain-territory.com/programm/ski-tour-kamchatka-10-days/
* You can use one of the discounts offered.
The price includes:
- transfer from/to the airport.
- auto transport, all group transfers.
- snowmobile (approach to the ski-tour area).
- course of avalanche safety.
- basic equipment, kitchen, tents, kitchen equipment.
- 5 days of ski tour with a Mountain-Territory guide (ACC, Avalanch-1, Ski tour-1, member of RMGA).
- meal, cook service.
The price doesn’t include:
Booking of the program is to be done either by advance payment (300 eur), made either by t/t or Paypal. Bank commission lays on a client’s side.
Full payment shall be done in 1st Day of the Program.
Depending on the weather conditions and snow conditions, the guide determines the days and places of the ski tour, and some adjustments are possible. Our task is to make sure that you can ski safely and make the most of it!!
To get to Kamchatka we recommend direct flight from Moscow made by Aeroflot every day http://www.aeroflot.ru/ru-en . Round flight Moscow - Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky – Moscow would cost 360 eurs about only.
Visa. We support you to get Russian visa. Being an official tour operator we are able to submit travel voucher, contact us.
- Backcountry Camp (campground): is a kitchen tent with a gas stove, a table and chairs. Double and triple double-layer tents. The camp is located in the tree zone. For heating and comfort, we make a campfire.
What’s the target group of the travel? What are the requirements to be met by the participants?
Answer: Tourists can take part in the tour with the experience of a ski tour min 30 days. You must be ready to make the ascents according to the program. One of the difficulties is the transfer to the area by towing. It passes through a complex terrain and requires the participant to have a good control of the gear (skies, snowboard). You must be ready to live in a tent during the whole tour. There is no shower.
Are the avalanches danger?
Answer: Of course, we are in the mountains. But if you follow our guide’s advises the risks will be minimized and their effects will be avoided. Besides, a compulsory avalanche course will be provided on the second day of your travel. It is made by ski guide, approved by CAA (Canadian Avalanche Association), level Avalanch-1. All the travelers should have their avalanche transceivers, probes and shovels. If you don’t have those we could rent them out.
What are the weather and snow conditions?
Answer: 10 – 20 April: No powder but hard snow in the mourning, which getting soft by midday. The temperature at the bottom in the afternoon can be above zero, up to +10C. Sometimes you can even sunbathe. In the evenings, the temperature can drop to -15C.
Keep in mind that it’s an average detail. The weather is very unstable and vary from one year to another.
What kind of meal is offered during the trip?
Answer: 2 hot meals a day. Lunch in the form of a snack on the route (hot tea, sandwiches, snacks). The cook is engaged in cooking.
Will it be possible to charge gadgets? Will there be electricity?
Answer: There will not be electricity. Prepare the power boxes.
Will there be mobile network coverage during the tour?
Answer: The Ganal Range is a remote area, the mobile network coverage does not work. However, when you reach the ridge and the top of Yurchik, mobile network coverage can be available.
How is communication carried out in the mountains?
Answer: We provide VHF radios, 1 station per 2 participants. However, if you have your own, we recommend that you take it.
List of required equipment.
1. 30-40 liters backpack (for one-day trips) with the possibility to put the ski/snowboard on it.
2. 50-80 liters duffle bag, preferably made of waterproof rubber cloth. For transporting personal belongings in the snowmobile.
3. Sleeping bag for -10С comfort.
4. Sleeping pad, thick one, course the tents we will be installed on the snow.
Underwear and walking clothes
1. 1st layer- thermal underwear (top, bottom), 2-3 sets.
2. 2nd layer, fleece 200 (top, bottom).
3. Trekking pants / trousers.
4. Windproof pants, with a membrane. Full side zippered highly recommended.
5. Windproof jacket with a membrane.
1. Light synthetic insulated jackets, preferably with a hood.
2. Thick synthetic jacket or a down jacket with a hood.
1. Medium socks, 2-3 pairs.
2. Thick socks, 2 pairs.
3. Warm winter boots.
4. Ski boots / snowboard boots.
1. Thin gloves (wool / fleece) 1 pair.
2. Warm gloves (for skiing) 1 pair.
3. Mittens (required) 1 pair.
1. Beanie wool/fleece.
2. Light balaclava
4. Ski goggles!!!
1. Skis, split-board.
2. The skins.
4. Telescopic ski poles.
5. Crampons (to be adjusted in advance), available for rent.
6. Ski crampons, preferably.
7. Ice axe, available for rent.
8. Avalanche equipment (transceiver, probe, shovel), available for rent.
1. 0.7 / 1-liter thermos.
2. Individual first-aid kit (obligatory: sunscreen lotion SPF 50 or above, sunscreen lip balm).
3. Headlamp + extra batteries.
4. Personal hygiene kit (towel, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush ...).
5. Photo/video camera + charger, – power box.
6. Swimming suit.
Equipment for rent
-avalanche transceiver: 60 eur / tour.
-snow shovel: 30 eur / tour.
- avalanche probe: 30 eur / tour.
Kit (transceiver, shovel, probe): 100 eur / tour.
2. Crampons: 30 eur / tour.
3. Ice ax: 30 eur / program.
4. Poles: 30 eur / program.
5. Windproof jacket, breathable (membrane): 30 eur / program.
6. Ski-tour kit (skis (Ski Trab Freerando) with mounts (Silvretta), skins, boots (42, 44 size): 150 eur / program.
Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries regarding the required equipment/outfit, we will be happy to help you.